Saturday, September 17, 2011

Daiyanti's Wedding Reception Speech




Yesterday, i was out without my jacket the whole day because i didn’t check the weather forecast. It was really cold. Same thing with this speech, i actually only knew yesterday i would be giving one.Never been good be with speeches but maybe, i thought maybe just this time it will be my chance to shine.

I guess there are a lot of things that i do in my life with very little preparation.By saying that, I don’t think any brother can be fully prepared emotionally for his sister’s wedding. Growing up i watched my sisters,girls growing up into women, and not fully comprehend the magnitude of what is going on only, till i look back in retrospect. Despite, all the fighting and the “trouble” she caused us, most importantly to me, she turned out pretty okay i would dare say. In a blink of an eye, she’s getting married to Tony and that kind of change is hard to get used to, i bet, especially for my parents. On the outside appa may seem tough but emotionally amma is by far the stronger one, if you don’t believe me look at him now he s probably tearing up.

As for Daiyanti,she has always been naggy, stubborn, annoying... i m just kidding....I would talk about Daiyanti’s better qualities as most people would do in weddings, but i think you all already know her well enough as a person. if i had to chose one word to describe my sister it would be, well i don’t know one word is not enough.

It’s with mixed emotions that i give this speech, being sad for not being able to be there due to time limitations. However, i am very happy for my sister for reaching this milestone in her life, in which i would like to wish her happiness and all the positive experiences of a marriage with her husband, Tony. May love nurture them, the way it did for us children in the Sundaralingam household. Also, i have not gotten the chance to interact much with Tony and his family but i would like to take this chance to welcome them as a new addition to our family, lets show them how it’s done alright. I m counting on you guys.

With respect for all the painfully experienced long speeches i have sat through and listen in my life, i have come to the ending of my speech for today, i hope you will all have a  good time celebrating this union. Last but not least, to my beautiful parents and family,the whole lot of you, i just want to say i love you all and miss you dearly. Also, i am really thankful to everyone who helped with the wedding, my parents and i would like to give our deepest gratitude for this would not have been possible without you. See you soon.

manamakal iruvarukum en idhayam kanintha naal valtukal.

which i think roughly translates as “to the newly weds,i wish you all the best”, as everyone knows my tamil is amazing.

Nandri, Vanakam

0 comments:

Post a Comment